Connecting people to the marine weather information that matters
Marine weather expertise
MetOcean Solutions is a science-based consultancy that provides specialist numerical modelling and analytical services in meteorology and oceanography. We provide high quality environmental data and expert interpretation to meet the rigorous requirements of the offshore and maritime industries as well as regulatory, defence and government agencies. In 2013 MetOcean Solutions partnered with MetService, the New Zealand state-owned weather forecasting service provider, which now holds a 49% stake in the company.
PhD level scientists, experienced mariners and technical experts - all under one roof
Our team includes a multi-disciplinary group of PhD scientists and technical experts with experience in oceanography, meteorology, atmospheric physics, acoustic signal processing and fluid dynamics, as well as web architecture and development. This unique combination of strong science and technical skills allows us to innovate and push the boundaries in our quest to provide you with exactly the marine weather information you need, for anywhere on Earth.
Extensive track record and solid maritime experience
After decades leading oceanography projects and companies, our three founding directors Peter McComb, David Johnson and Brett Beamsley established MetOcean Solutions in 2005 with a vision to invent clever solutions to connect people to the weather information that matters. Altogether, our staff have thousands of hours of experience working at sea. Some of us have worked in the offshore industry; others have spent years collecting marine data. As a team, we understand the ocean and know what it is like to work at sea.
Meet the team
Careers with MetOcean Solutions - VACANCIES
Technical Support Liaison:
MetOcean Solutions Ltd is a medium-sized oceanography consultancy and forecast / hindcast data supplier that provides specialist numerical modelling and analytical solutions. Based in Raglan and New Plymouth (New Zealand), our international team works on projects worldwide. We combine the latest information technologies and data services with rigorous scientific methods.
Met Ocean Solutions occupies several niche consultancy and service roles and has a rapidly growing web-based product sector. We are currently seeking a clever and versatile Technical Support Liaison to help with customer service and enquiries. If you have great problem-solving skills, an eye for detail, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and have marine industry experience then we'd love to hear from you.
The job position is in our Raglan Office, where our employees enjoy an open-office, upbeat culture within a coastal village environment. Our company atmosphere promotes a “work hard - play hard” attitude, which is supported by flexible hours to ensure a healthy work-life balance is maintained for all. We encourage our people to bring fresh ideas to the table, rise to any challenge and remain passionate about our products and the company mission.
In this role you and two others will be responsible for retaining and growing our product customer base. The products cover ocean and terrestrial weather predictions, ship routing, specialist safety systems for ports and offshore facilities, oil spill and biosecurity tracking. You will join a team of 25 scientists and developers and take direct guidance from the Managing Director.
In the position, we expect you to lead client retention initiatives and contribute to the vision for our current and future products. It is a fantastic opportunity to work in an interesting environment that blends the latest science and technology to provide meaningful solutions. We are open to early-career applicants seeking exposure and experience.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A tertiary or post graduate qualification in science.
- Fundamental understanding of marine weather, preferably with marine industry experience.
- Familiarity with weather operational systems.
- The ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of cross-functional and cross-vendor teams, and deliver to aggressive timelines.
- Advanced problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills.
- Exceptional communication with excellent phone and written manner, and fluency in English plus one other language preferably.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer support.
- A general programming ability.
- Excellent analytical skills and a proven ability to work with environmental data.
Our ideal candidate would demonstrate the following characteristics:
- High level of attention to detail.
- Enjoys being part of a team that moves quickly.
- Effective decision-making skills.
- A quick learner with a “can do” attitude.
- Methodical logical approach to solving problems.
- An ability to prioritise tasks and manage projects in a timely fashion.
- Enjoys building relationships.
- A supportive and positive attitude.
- Be reasonably tech savvy.
- Have solid negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- A curious mind that will encourage exploration.
Please Note Before you apply: This role is full-time, but hours can be flexible to suit your life style. Pay is based on skill and experience. The job position is in our Raglan Office, New Zealand.
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and CV to: email@example.com
We are always interested to hear from exceptional individuals who have skills in oceanography, physics, mathematics, numerical modelling and have extensive programming backgrounds. Even if the right role does not exist today, knowing who you are and what you are interested in can help us both plan for tomorrow.
Contact us for more information.