Hindcasts are historical weather data that provides valuable information for the analysis of atmospheric and marine environments to specific sites.
Our extensive hindcast datasets of metocean parameters provide key baseline data for project scoping, offshore and coastal design, project planning and environmental impact assessment. This has proven to be an invaluable resource to engineers and scientists for environmental investigations and climate analysis.
Our hindcasting system uses numerical models that run over multi-year time spans to provide accurate, localised long-term data of ocean and atmospheric conditions for any location on earth.
A range of data spanning the last 33 years are available.
Data products that we can deliver include:
- Time series of ocean and atmospheric parameters at specific locations.
- Gridded data of metocean parameters in common data formats (netcdf, ASCII).
- 2D wave spectra.
- Summary statistics at specific locations.
- Return period value analysis at specific locations.
- GIS layers of summary statistics.
Many datasets are available for immediate delivery. However, if very high resolution model data is required, we specialise in rapidly generated custom hindcasts, carried out over your area of interest.
Email MetOcean Solutions to discuss your particular needs.