Vessel motion and kinematics forecasting predicts specific wind and waves, solving the non-linear effects of weather to ship motions. This capability is developed upon MetOceanView’s forecast portal technology, which integrates various models, measurements and marine forecast, to serve as a complete environmental forecast system.
Vessels and offshore operators employ MetOceanView forecast service as a key environmental guidance and decision support system.
Our motion forecast offers 7 day prediction of significant heave, pitch and roll, identifying dominant wind and swell. Data is presented in graphs and vessel motion rose diagram.
- identify critical environmental conditions for safe operations
- make informed decisions for onboard and ship-to-ship operations
- plan ahead for material and personnel movement, crane operations and cargo handling
- minimise motions and mooring line tensions
- damage avoidance and potential fuel and emissions savings