A high resolution, reliable weather forecast service with hazard warning and emergency response facilities.
Delivered through the MetOceanView (MOV) web portal, this system is built on a suite of sophisticated oceanographic and atmospheric forecast models. Most of the guidance is run in-house, allowing increased resolution, nesting and ensemble forecasting to be implemented as required. The result is a robust global service that can be rapidly customised to suit individual site requirements.
- Provided 4 times per day
- Delivered via email, ftp or via the MetOceanView web site
- Guidance is presented as maps, tables and graphs
- 7-14 day forecast horizon
The standard service includes:
- Forecast parameters on scalable maps
- Satellite imagery
- Integration of measured real time data
- Historical data download
- User specified hazard levels (e.g. storm surge plus wave height plus tide)
- Waves, winds and currents
- Storm surge
- Rain, visibility, thunderstorm
- Tidal prediction interface
- Ensembles and skewT plots
View demo of MOV.