MetOcean Solutions (a team within the New Zealand’s MetService) is seeking a developer to help develop libraries and APIs that work with multidimensional geospatial datasets. This involves reading datasets as fast as possible and then interpolating or extrapolating the data to get the desired outputs. After the initial 6 - 12 month project there is space to move into different directions, AI, GPU programmer, cloud development etc…
The successful candidate will be working with the Marine Services and Delivery Team comprised of three developers and a team leader within a larger team of 21 scientists / developers who also produce code.
As a company we believe in rigorous scientific method and in applying the latest information technology to data services. We encourage our people to bring fresh ideas to the table, rise to any challenge, and remain enthusiastic about our products and the company mission. Our company promotes a positive working environment to achieve our shared goals, supported by flexible hours to ensure a healthy work-life balance.
Required Qualifications: Computer science degree or similar equivalent experience
To apply you must have the following skills and experience:
- At least 3 years of programming in the C or C++ language.
- An ability to write performant and well-architected code.
- Some familiarity with applied mathematics (linear algebra, linear regression…)
- Able to research and implement algorithms.
The following are desirable but not essential:
- Python Coding
- Experience with geophysical datasets.
- Knowledge of CUDA or GPU computation framework.
- Container technology like Docker.
- Knowledge of cloud based services like AWS and Google Cloud.
Our ideal candidate would demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Ability to understand complex structures and break them down into meaningful parts.
- Integrity and high standards.
- Methodical logical approach to problem-solving.
- A supportive and positive attitude.
Please note before you apply: This role is a permanent full-time position, but hours can be flexible to suit your lifestyle. Pay is based on skills and experience. The job position is in our Raglan office (New Zealand), however remote working will be considered for the right candidate. Applications close on 10 August 2018. Applications close on 10 August 2018.
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference "Application for a C Programmer" in the subject line.