MetOcean Solutions is a medium-sized oceanography consultancy and forecast / hindcast data supplier that provides specialist numerical modelling and analytical solutions. Based in Raglan and New Plymouth (New Zealand), our international team works on projects worldwide. We combine the latest information technologies and data services with rigorous scientific methods.
MetOcean Solutions occupies several niche consultancy and service roles and has a rapidly growing web-based product sector. We are currently seeking a clever and versatile Technical Support Liaison to help with customer service and enquiries. If you have great problem-solving skills, an eye for detail, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and have marine industry experience then we'd love to hear from you.
The job position is in our Raglan Office, where employees enjoy an open-office, upbeat culture within a coastal village environment. Our company atmosphere promotes a “work hard - play hard” attitude, which is supported by flexible hours to ensure a healthy work-life balance is maintained. We encourage our people to bring fresh ideas to the table, rise to any challenge and remain passionate about our products and the company mission.
In this role you and two others will be responsible for retaining and growing the product customer base of MetOcean Solutions. The products cover ocean and terrestrial weather predictions, ship routing, specialist safety systems for ports and offshore facilities, oil spill and biosecurity tracking. You will join a team of 25 scientists and developers and take direct guidance from the Managing Director.
In the position, we expect you to lead client retention initiatives and contribute to the vision for our current and future products. It is a fantastic opportunity to work in an interesting environment that blends the latest science and technology to provide meaningful solutions. We are open to early-career applicants seeking exposure and experience.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A tertiary or post graduate qualification in science
- Fundamental understanding of marine weather, preferably with marine industry experience.
- Familiarity with weather operational systems.
- The ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of cross-functional and cross-vendor teams, and deliver to aggressive timelines.
- Advanced problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills.
- Exceptional communication with excellent phone and written manner, and fluency in English plus one other language preferably.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer support.
- A general programming ability.
- Excellent analytical skills and a proven ability to work with environmental data.
Our ideal candidate would demonstrate the following characteristics:
- High level of attention to detail.
- Enjoys being part of a team that moves quickly.
- Effective decision-making skills.
- A quick learner with a “can do” attitude.
- Methodical logical approach to solving problems.
- An ability to prioritise tasks and manage projects in a timely fashion.
- Enjoys building relationships.
- A supportive and positive attitude.
- Be reasonably tech savvy.
- Have solid negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- A curious mind that will encourage exploration.
Please note before you apply: This role is full-time, but hours can be flexible to suit your lifestyle. Pay is based on skill and experience. The job position is in our Raglan Office, New Zealand.
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org